Metropolitan Armchair, designed by Jeffrey Bernett for B&B Italia, is characterized by its uninterrupted flow from arm to seat. This armchair features gentle curves and engaging cants that create stunning sculptural forms from all angles. Available compositions include low, mid, high, and wingback versions with optional headrest and ottoman.
All versions of the Metropolitan feature a central column swivel support that culminates in four splayed spokes to form the base. The high-back version is also available with a simple flat disc base. The innovative roll-shaped headrest on the high-back version is adjustable through the clever use of magnets.
Pair the Metropolitan armchair with its ideal companion piece, Metropolitan Ottoman.
- Internal frame in tubular steel and steel profiles
- Internal frame upholstery in Bayfit® (Bayer®) flexible cold shaped polyurethane foam, polyester fiber cover
- Seat cushion upholstery
- (ME100-ME100_1) shaped polyurethane, polyester fiber, polyester fiber cover
- (ME84) shaped polyurethane of different density, polyester fiber cover
- Headrest cushion upholstery in polyester fiber, cotton cover
- Headrest fixing tools are magnets
- Lumbar cushion upholstery in polyester fiber, cotton cover
- Support/base frame
- (ME84-ME100_1-ME62_1) bright brushed or bronzed nickel painted die-cast aluminium and extrusions
- (ME100) bright brushed aluminium laminate and extrusions
- (ME84_L-ME100_1L) grey oak, brushed light oak, brushed stained oak or brushed black oak
- Ferrules in thermoplastic material
- Cover in fabric or leather
About B&B Italia
B&B Italia is one of the world’s foremost modern furniture companies, renowned for high-end designer furnishings. Founded in 1966 with the entrepreneurial vision of Piero Ambrogio Busnelli, B&B Italia represents the extraordinary convergence of design and industry—the expression of contemporary culture.