Butterflies in flight—Naoto Fukasawa applied that image to the design of his Grande Papilio Armchair for B&B Italia, a swivel lounge chair that welcomes its sitter with the graceful movement of a butterfly.
Grande Papilio was designed with fluidity around an upside-down truncated cone. The curved shape of its cozy seat is a clear sign of a desire to offer maximum comfort to the sitter. The wings that extend at the sides of the chair emphasize the sensation of comfort: they help support the hips and the back. The same spirit of simplicity, immediacy, and comfort have guided the functional development of the entire Papilio series: the Piccolo Papilio armchair, the Papilio stools, the Papilio and Mini Papilio chairs, the Love Papilio sofa, and the Papilio bed.
- Internal frame in tubular steel and steel profiles
- Internal frame upholstery in Bayfit® flexible cold-shaped polyurethane foam, polyester fiber cover
- Swivel base-frame in metallic grey color painted steel laminate and aluminum extrusion
- Ferrules in thermoplastic material
- Cover in fabric or leather in limited categories
About B&B Italia
B&B Italia is one of the world’s foremost modern furniture companies, renowned for high-end designer furnishings. Founded in 1966 with the entrepreneurial vision of Piero Ambrogio Busnelli, B&B Italia represents the extraordinary convergence of design and industry—the expression of contemporary culture.