A Leather Cradle
A product with a strong personality, Mart Recliner has a silhouette imprinted to convey the idea of relaxation.
Mart Relax Armchair by Antonio Citterio for B&B Italia is the result of considerable experimentation with thermoformed leather on a large scale. This new production technology, used on a small scale by the footwear industry, allows the thick leather to mimic the complex curves of the seat form. Also available in upholstery, the Mart recliner features a chic rectilinear cradle frame. The frame is a wonderful foil to the curvaceous form of the seat itself—it appears to float above the floor.
The dimensions of the Mart recliner vary slightly based upon the adjustment of the rectilinear base. The base is available in a bright or black chromed finish as well as painted finishes of black or bronze nickel. The internal seat structure is fiberglass covered with cold-formed polyurethane.
- Internal frame in glass fiber shell
- Internal frame upholstery
- Thick leather and leather version in Bayfit® (Bayer®) flexible cold-shaped polyurethane foam
- Upholstered version in Bayfit® (Bayer®) flexible cold-shaped polyurethane foam, shaped polyurethane, polyester fiber cover
- Support frame (MPRN_1-MPRI_1) in bright chromed, black chromed, black painted or bronzed nickel painted tubular steel and steel profiles
- Ferrules in thermoplastic material
- Fabric or leather cover in limited categories
About B&B Italia
B&B Italia is one of the world’s foremost modern furniture companies, renowned for high-end designer furnishings. Founded in 1966 with the entrepreneurial vision of Piero Ambrogio Busnelli, B&B Italia represents the extraordinary convergence of design and industry—the expression of contemporary culture.