28 Series Armature Pendant Lights by Omer Arbel for Bocci result from a complex glass-blowing technique whereby air pressure is intermittently introduced into and then removed from a glass matrix which is intermittently heated and then rapidly cooled. The result is a distorted spherical shape with a composed collection of imploded inner shapes, one of which acts as a shade for the light source.
A steel armature system in a soft-touch matte black finish allows pre-composed branches to be easily connected to a series of hubs during installation.
- 28.9a.2 is an armature arrangement of 9 hand-blown glass pendants. Each pendant contains an interior landscape of inclusions, with an opaque milk glass diffuser that houses an LED lamp
- Lamps (1.5w LED) and power supplies included
- Power supplies can be mounted remotely in an easily accessible and hidden location for ease of long-term maintenance
- The fixture can be leveled with aircraft cable and swag hooks (provided)
- The fixture is not designed for a standard ceiling octagonal junction box
- There are multiple color options available for the 28 Series
Bocci is a lighting design and manufacturing company based in Vancouver and Berlin. Founded in 2005 under the creative directorship of Omer Arbel, Bocci represents an approach to lighting that is devoted to the relationship between spaces and objects.