TMM Floor Lamp
Designed by Miguel Milá for Santa & Cole
Made in Spain
A celebrated piece by a master of Spanish design, TMM Floor Lamp is an iconic mid-century design. In a flourish of formal serenity and functional efficacy, Miguel Milá cleverly separated the three basic components of any lamp: the structure, the electrical parts, and the shade. The light source rotates around the shaft and can be raised or lowered like a flag on a mast.
- Five wood finishes
- Two shade colors
TMM Floor Lamp is perhaps the most highly acclaimed piece from one of Spain’s pioneering masters of industrial design. This lamp was part of Miguel Milá’s first collection for TRAMO, the company he founded to produce his own work in post-war Spain. He dabbled in a profession that he would later go on to master, that of a pre-industrial designer, seeking convenient solutions with the technology available.
TMM Floor Lamp was Miguel Milás first product that Santa & Cole re-released in 1986, 25 years after its creation. A cross-shaped base supports a square shaft that becomes circular in the middle, allowing the shade to be moved up and down. The shade’s height is adjustable via a rubber band stopper. A genuine lesson in intelligence and good taste, making minimal use of components. It comes in a range of five different kinds of wood for the structure and two shade colors, white or beige.
ADI FAD (Critics Award), Barcelona 1962
- Cherry, beech, walnut, natural oak, or black oak wood structure
- Height-adjustable lampshade in white (optional upper diffuser in white translucent methacrylate – for energy saving bulbs only) or beige parchment
- The lampshade is delivered with cable, bulb socket, and fastening system to the structure
- The light is switched on /off by pulling lightly on the cable
- Electric cable length: 4 m / 157.5”
- Recommended light source (not included): LED bulb: 12 W
- Other light sources: Max 100 W
About Santa & Cole
Santa & Cole is a small, independent manufacturer of modern lighting and furniture with roots in Belloch, Spain. Santa & Cole was founded by Nina Masó, Javier Nieto Santa, and Gabriel Ordeig Cole in 1985. Attuned to nature and conscientious of quality, Santa & Cole practices the art of paying attention to everyday objects.