Tekiò Pendant Light Collection
Designed by Anthony Dickens for Santa & Cole
Made in Spain
Tekiò, the Japanese word for adaptation, merges ancient artisan techniques with a warm to dim LED technology that enables control of intensity and color temperature. Tekiò combines traditional and avant-garde in a unique and contemporary design carefully dressed in handmade paper. Linear or circular shapes can be created by combining various modules.
- Three shapes
- 11 total sizes
- Made with Japanese Washi paper
The Tekiò Pendant Light collection by Anthony Dickens for Santa & Cole showcases the beauty of Japanese Washi paper. Dickens was inspired by the traditional Japanese lantern made from washi paper, which dates back to the 14th century and is now an everyday object in the life of the Japanese.
The paper, used by Isamu Noguchi to create the famous Akari lamps, has been inscribed on UNESCO’s List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. Washi is resilient and ductile, even malleable. It has a warm texture that filters in a soft, gentle light. Santa & Cole sources the paper from Mito, one of the Japanese cities that specializes in its production.
- Metal structure
- Washi Japanese paper shade
- White S&C metallic canopy with power supply incorporated:
- circular canopy ø29 cm / 11.4”
- rectangular canopy (models: Circular P8, Oval P12, Horizontal P1, Horizontal P2, Horizontal P3, Horizontal P4 ) 330 x 96 x 45 cm
- Suitable for dimming 0-10V. (Not included external dimmer switch 0-10V)
- Warm dim control 2200K – 2700K
- Methacrylate inner diffuser
- Light source included (dimmable)
- Built-in LED
About Santa & Cole
Santa & Cole is a small, independent manufacturer of modern lighting and furniture with roots in Belloch, Spain. Santa & Cole was founded by Nina Masó, Javier Nieto Santa, and Gabriel Ordeig Cole in 1985. Attuned to nature and conscientious of quality, Santa & Cole practices the art of paying attention to everyday objects.