Patio Outdoor Sofa
Designed by GamFratesi for Minotti
Made in Italy
Designed by Italian-Danish studio GamFratesi, Patio Outdoor Sofa proposes an unexpected mix of different materials—aluminum, wood, stone, and cord.
The outdoor seating system, with its highly versatile modularity, is conceived as a dynamic mosaic, composed of tesserae in simple geometric shapes, which can be pieced together as desired, and reconfigured to suit the available space and the desired mood.
A Dynamic Mosaic
Covered in polypropylene cord woven in a Scandinavian style design pattern, the reconfigurable backrests of the Patio outdoor sofa create a dynamic mosaic that is both playful and elegant.
The design of the Patio outdoor sofa base enables the back elements to be arranged in various set positions all along the perimeter, to design conversation, relaxation, and vis-à-vis areas, spacing out the seats with coffee tables, and complementing them with ottomans and benches. Patio offers a solution capable of meeting the requirements of both small metropolitan terraces, and extensive outdoor spaces, thanks to its two depths: 83 and 98 cm.
The variety of potential compositions becomes even more interesting when the selected materials are masterfully combined: the extruded aluminum base with a matte finish in the shades of Ecru and Dark Brown is accompanied by steel backrests, covered in woven polypropylene cord in the same shades, according to a Scandinavian-type geometric design.
Some of the seating elements feature a handy tray in Dark Brown stained solid mahogany or in natural teak, with grooves for draining water, attached to the structure.
Patio offers an interesting range of furnishing accessories, from coffee tables with top in brushed fine-grain Basaltina stone, benches, and square and rectangular ottomans with extruded aluminum base, in a creative mix of textures and sophisticated, natural colors.
The system offers a rich variety of sofas in different measurements and configurations, in addition to central and end units, armchairs, loveseats, and double daybeds. All the elements share the same feet and the same joints at the back in die-cast aluminum, varnished with a refined polished, anti-touch Bronze finish.
- Extruded aluminum base varnished matte Ecru or matte Dark Brown color with an outdoor-resistant varnish that helps maintain color-fastness over time.
- Woven elastic webbing for outdoor use in UV-resistant synthetic rubber and polypropylene.
- The Ecru color structure is matched with Ecru webbing, while the Dark Brown structure is matched with the Dark Brown webbing.
- Backrests made of AISI 316 stainless steel, upholstered with woven polypropylene fiber that forms a 25×5 mm webbing strip, available in Ecru and Dark Brown color.
- The backrests are joined to the structure with cast aluminum plates varnished polished Bronze color with anti-fingerprint finish.
- Some pieces come with a tabletop (fixed to the base with cast aluminum plates) in solid mahogany Dark Brown or in natural teak (Tectona Grandis – First European Quality), grooved to allow water to run off.
- In case of rain, we recommend covering the tabletop to protect the lacquer finish. Never cover it unless it is perfectly dry.
- Base rests on cast aluminum feet, varnished polished Bronze color with anti-fingerprint finish.
- Adjustable black protective polyethylene glides.
- Seat cushions in high-resilience polyurethane foam and water-repellent, eco-friendly viscose fiber. Backrest cushions made with viscose fiber and eco-friendly, water-repellent fiber.
- To provide the seat and backrest cushions with greater protection from water and humidity, all the cushions are upholstered in water-repellent polyester fabric.
- All the accessories used in production, including zippers and thread, are water-repellent and therefore suitable for outdoor use.
- Cushion upholstery is completely removable.
Minotti is the embodiment of the “Made in Italy” moniker—timeless design, utmost quality, and a strong, recognizable identity. Established by Alberto Minotti in 1948 in the small town of Meda, Italy, the company started as a small-scale artisan workshop and has since developed into a global enterprise and one of the most well-respected furniture brands in the world.