Florida Outdoor Sofa
Designed by Rodolfo Dordoni for Minotti
Made in Italy
Blurring the boundaries between indoors and outdoors, Florida Outdoor Sofa by Rodolfo Dordoni for Minotti showcases the beauty of solid natural wood.
The wide range of elements in Florida allows for the creation of many linear or sinuous compositions that meet the need to enjoy smaller, more intimate spaces, as well as large, convivial outdoor environments.
Soft & Geometric Volumes
Florida Outdoor Sofa presents itself as a carefully-designed collection of soft and geometric volumes, defined by piping in eco-leather suitable for outdoor use and available in four colors.
The structure of the Florida outdoor sofa is in metal, appropriately treated to resist corrosion, and it is immersed in foam padding, then covered in waterproof fiber and fabric, making it weatherproof.
The backrest cushions are attached to the wooden rear supports thanks to refined Pewter-colored metal frog fasteners, allowing for the quick release of the cushions and consequently an easy removal of the coverings.
The feet are made of solid natural teak or iroko, as are the rear reinforcements that support the padded backrest.
- Metal structure, processed in two phases: sandblasting and e-coating
- Structure is coated in flexible, cold-formed BAYFIT® (BAYER®) polyurethane foam
- Steel-reinforced backrest and armrest supports are available in the following finishes:
- Solid iroko, natural finish, treated with a protective coating, making it highly resistant to sunlight and weather, and with a level-35 gloss finish;
- Solid teak (Tectona Grandis – First European Quality), natural finish. The wood is kiln-dried and processed on CNC machines then finished by hand.
- Seat, backrests, and armrests covered in lightweight, channeled quilting in Solotex® fiber, inside a breathable, water-resistant casing. A Minotti-personalized aluminum frog fastener, varnished Pewter color for outdoors, is used to keep the backrest and armrests fastened to the wood supports.
- The seat and backrest edges are trimmed with outdoor eco-leather piping. The piping comes in the following colors: Sand, Light Grey, Dark Grey, and Brown.
- Backrests cushions padded entirely in channeled Solotex® fiber.
- Covers are completely removable. Backrests and armrests covers can be removed by unhooking the frogs.
- Adjustable feet in solid natural iroko or in solid teak, natural finish. Protective black-painted SEBS glide (soft scratchproof rubber).
Minotti is the embodiment of the “Made in Italy” moniker—timeless design, utmost quality, and a strong, recognizable identity. Established by Alberto Minotti in 1948 in the small town of Meda, Italy, the company started as a small-scale artisan workshop and has since developed into a global enterprise and one of the most well-respected furniture brands in the world.