Ming’s Heart Armchair
Designed by Shi-Chieh Lu for Poltrona Frau
Made in Italy
East and West. Ming’s Heart Armchair goes right to the heart of two worlds, two visions, and two lifestyle philosophies. The inspiration for Lu’s work is the historic Ming chair. The calligraphic purity of the lines and the expression of Chinese spirituality are combined with the geometric and cubic rigor of the Western vision. Shi-Chieh Lu scratches beneath the surfaces to obtain a continuous line. The armrests, seat, and backrest become ultra-light symbols.
Ming’s Heart Armchair by Shi-Chieh Lu for Poltrona Frau has a steel tube structure with a gunmetal grey galvanic treatment. The shell is a continuous surface made from a thin steel sheet completely upholstered in Saddle Extra leather with contrast stitching. Its ends are attached to the tubes with visible screws. The overall effect is that of a chair floating in space, almost a conceptual sculpture.
- Metal structure in tubular steel in a galvanized gunmetal grey finish
- Metal feet in the same finish as the structure
- Shell made from steel sheet lightly padded with polyurethane foam. It is secured to the tubular armrests and backrest using visible screws in the same finish as the structure.
- Non-removable upholstery in Saddle Extra leather
- The upholstery is embellished with contrasting stitching
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.