Archibald Gran Comfort Armchair by Jean-Marie Massaud for Poltrona Frau stands out for its surplus of softness. The central element is the large, soft seat cushion. A luxurious leather casing with rich goose-down padding creates a refined contrast with the minimal architectural cut of the steel frame. The soft Archibald Gran Comfort Ottoman is the natural complement to the armchair.
Made from beech, the seat of the Archibald Gran Comfort armchair has an elastic belt suspension, which is also featured as an additional source of comfort, along the perimeter of the steel-framed backrest. The seat and backrest padding, in a quilted goose-down baffle, makes the armchair even softer. The removable upholstery is in Pelle Frau® Safari leather. The trim around the edge of the upholstery is embellished with hand-painted raw cut leather and finished with tone-on-tone or contrast stitching. The steel base and feet have a Ruthenium finish. Ultra-thin and light, the feet almost seem to be sketched by pencil.
- Backrest structure in steel finished with black scratch-proof paint. A weave of elastic belts around the edges of the structure supports the backrest. The shaped upper part is in deformable rubber.
- Seat frame of armchair in beech wood finished with black scratch-proof paint. Pouf structure in birch plywood with base in scratch-proof matte black lacquered beech.
- Suspension is elastic belts
- Armchair backrest consists of a molded lumbar cushion produced from a block of polyurethane foam attached to the metal structure using Velcro. The backrest is upholstered with a goose-down quilt.
- Seat and pouf padding is produced from a block of polyurethane foam and covered with a goose-down quilt. The quilt is attached to the cushion using strips of Velcro.
- The base consists of four steel feet connected to ruthenium finished frame. The feet have protective glossy black nylon guides with plastic or felt caps.
- Upholstery in Pelle Frau® leather or fabric
- Leather version
- Tone-on-tone stitching, or
- Contrasting stitching
- Fabric version
- Leather version
- Armchair upholstery is completely removable and is fixed to the structure using snap fasteners and Velcro strips. The leather seat cushion upholstery can also be removed.
- Aesthetic details
- Leather version: the edges of the upholstery are embellished with hand-painted raw-cut leather in a matching color. The Poltrona Frau logo is branded on the rear of the armchair backrest and on the side of the pouf.
- Fabric version: the Poltrona Frau logo is branded front/back on the Cammello-colored Saddle Extra leather tab.
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.