Designed by Simona Cremascoli for Poltrona Frau
Made in Italy
Our floor models of Chado Rug are now on sale and ready for pickup at our Denver showroom. In good condition with some wear, these 118″ x 78″ models come in Earl Grey.
- Two (2) available
- Finish as shown in second image
- Good condition
- Shipping not included
- Sold as-is
Chado Rug by Simona Cremascoli for Poltrona Frau reveals processing techniques that have always belonged to the rug culture. Delicate threads of bamboo silk and thick threads of linen, processed with the time-honored knotting technique, form rugs of three-dimensional value. The minuscule knots are then cut one by one according to the ‘cut’ process. The result is a velvety, continuously changing surface where the sheen of the silk alternates with the opaqueness of the linen, which also gives body to the texture.
- The Chado rugs are knotted entirely by hand on wooden frames (155,000 knots/m2)
- The composition of the usable surface area is 40% linen and 60% bamboo silk
- The rug is 7 mm thick and weighs 3.5 kg/m2
- Dimensions 200×300 cm and 250×350 cm
- Made-to-measure dimensions also available on request
- The bamboo silk tone-on-tone edging is entirely hand sewn to refine and embellish the four sides of the rug
- Chado is available in the colors Pearl Grey, Earl Grey, Antique Yellow, Copper, and Soft Blue
- Chado rugs are produced in India with respect for working conditions
- The hand-sewn saddle leather label is stamped with the Poltrona Frau brand
DISPLAY SALE TERMS
- All sales final.
- All display sale items are sold as-is.
- All items are available for immediate pickup.
- To evaluate condition, please visit the Denver showroom or request additional images.
- Studio Como does NOT deliver or coordinate delivery for display sale items, but we will refer you to companies that provide the service.
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.