Ren Bookcase by Neri & Hu for Poltrona Frau is a member of a family of pieces designed with the underlying theme of the Chinese ren symbol. Ren is a Confucian virtue meaning “co-humanity” or “humaneness”. The symbol is a graphical weave of lines that exudes intimate elegance. Small, light architectures made up of ingenious suspensions, clever balances, and simple interconnections inspired by an oriental concept of space and design. Produced using fine materials and artisan techniques inextricably linked with the Poltrona Frau tradition.
The Ren bookcase is a graphical weave of lines. The two lateral uprights, slightly inclined, support the birch plywood shelves, upholstered in saddle leather with a Canaletto walnut veneer on the sides. The upper crosspiece is fixed to the wall using metal hooks with a natural brass finish. The bookcase comes in a low version with a round multi-purpose tray upholstered in saddle leather hanging from the upper crosspiece and in a high version. They differ from each other in terms of height, width, and the number of shelves. Both variants can be completed with bookends in brushed steel with a natural brass finish.
- Supporting structure made of solid Canaletto walnut sides and crosspieces. The upper crosspiece is fixed to the wall using metal hooks.
- Not freestanding; Ren Bookcase must be fixed to the wall
- Shelves made of birch plywood and Canaletto walnut veneer
- Feet are black adjustable plastic caps
- Upholstery in Pelle Frau® Saddle Extra, with delicate handmade markings.
- Key tray (only for the low bookcase) is oval-shaped and made of birch plywood in a Canaletto walnut veneer. It is hung on the upper crosspiece by a hook in brushed steel with a painted brass finish.
- Metal finishing details are made of brass with a transparent matte surface treatment
- Bookends are an optional accessory available for purchase. They are brushed steel with a painted brass finish. The vertical profile
with a square section is welded by two plates that secure it to the shelf. The inner side of the plate is protected by felt.
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.