Ortigia Armchair by Flexform is a member of a family of seating elements with a traditional allure reinterpreted with contemporary flair, available in luxurious materials embellished with sophisticated details. Made entirely of solid Canaletto walnut or ash, artisan crafted with techniques that call to mind the tradition of fine cabinetmaking, the visually light structure of the Ortigia armchair puts it in a class of its own.
The seat can be upholstered in fabric or leather while the backrest is made of entirely hand-woven cowhide. The Ortigia family of armchairs includes a small armchair with armrests and a small armchair without armrests either of which can be paired with a footstool. Designed as statement pieces, the Ortigia armchairs can play a leading role in settings like the bedroom or easily be matched with all of the sofas in the Flexform collection to lend a note of understated elegance to any living space.
- Structure and backrest in solid Canaletto walnut with a natural finish, stained Canaletto walnut extra or coffee or, in solid ash with finish or stained walnut, cherry, teak, coffee, wenge, ebony, or brown
- Woven cowhide in the following colors: natural 5002, grey 5003, dark brown 5004, black 5005, olive 5006, Bulgarian red 5008, tobacco 5015
- Feet in die-cast Zama with satin, chrome, black chrome, burnished, or champagne finish. Rests on pads made of thermoplastic material.
- Seat in plywood with polyurethane foam padding, covered with a protective laminated fabric
- Upholstery is removable in both the fabric and leather versions
A family affair, now in its third generation, Flexform is a modern furniture company founded in 1959 in the Brianza furniture manufacturing district in Northern Italy. Today the brand represents an almost magical distillation of elegance, comfort, and inconspicuous luxury.