Capsula Pendant Light
Designed by Lucie Koldova for Brokis
Made in Czech Republic
Capsula Pendant Light is a sophisticated and exhilarating suspension light that bears resemblance to a plant cell or seed. The nucleus of the piece is a tubular triplex-glass LED light source, developed by Brokis, that transects the inner shade and translucent external shell to form a notional axis. The layering and overlapping of these three distinct components give rise to dramatic 3D optical effects. The end caps fasten the components together and serve as anchor points for the creative dual-suspension straps, which also conceal the power cable and allow for variation in the final positioning of the light.
The Capsula collection is offered in sets as well as individual lights that can be combined per customer requirements.
Capsula Pendant Light by Lucie Koldova for Brokis adheres to the centuries-old tradition and experience of master glassmakers. The precision crafting of hand-blown glass instills distinctive, enduring character and outstanding quality in all Brokis products. The glass shades are formed from multiple layers of molten glass, each of which is scrutinized by the master glassmaker prior to being blown into the mold. Up to 70% of the resulting quality is achieved in this stage of production. Each piece is individually processed by the artisan in a series of strictly observed production stages.
- Glass color and inner glass color options include
- Transparent glass: transparent, smoke grey, opaline, amber, yellow, violet, red, light blue, orange
- Opaline glass: pearl grey
- Glass surface and inner glass surface options include
- Glossy surface
- Acid-etched both side surface
- Body finish options include
- Black anodized
- Silver anodized
- Canopy finish options include
- Black matte powder-coated metal
- White matte powder-coated metal
- Cable color options include
- Light grey
- Weight PC937 8.6 lbs / PC943 33 lbs / PC966 44 lbs
- Cord length 86 1/2″
- Ceiling mount
- Indoor only
Czech lighting brand Brokis creates bold lighting compositions that push the boundaries of contemporary design. The brainchild of Czech entrepreneur and engineer Jan Rabell, Brokis was founded in 2006 as a platform to elevate Bohemian glassmaking to new heights and preserve generations of knowledge and craftsmanship.