A STUDY IN PROPORTION & EQUILIBRIUM
Breaking away from the traditional round table placed on a central support, the Tobi-Ishi Dining Table creates an element of surprise in both its shape and its unexpected materials.
Tobi-Ishi Table by Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby was the design duo’s first project for B&B Italia. Both designers are great enthusiasts of Japanese art and culture and the name and concept for this table came from the smooth stones (tobi-ishi) used as ornaments in traditional Japanese Zen gardens. The overhang of the table and the vertical trapezoidal bases set at right angles generate an essential sculptural figure that appears to change shape depending on the point of observation. Tobi-Ishi embodies the search for equilibrium between shapes and materials.
- Top in MDF wood fiber panel
- Legs in high-density polyurethane resin (Baydur®)
- Finish in black-colored cement grout, satin painted white, candy red or smoke blue glossy painted
- Adjustable ferrules in plastic material
- Counterweight in cast iron
- Top and legs (T160M) in Carrara white marble venatino statuarietto (matte polyester finish) or Marquinia black marble (glossy polyester finish)
- Coupling plate (T160M) in satin stainless steel
- Ferrules (T160M) in felt
About B&B Italia
B&B Italia is one of the world’s foremost modern furniture companies, renowned for high-end designer furnishings. Founded in 1966 with the entrepreneurial vision of Piero Ambrogio Busnelli, B&B Italia represents the extraordinary convergence of design and industry—the expression of contemporary culture.