Dressed to the Nines
Stylish with nothing overlooked, Leplì Ottoman is both fashionable and feminine. Combine shapes for added elegance.
Leplì Ottoman by Kensaku Oshiro for Poltrona Frau features four versatile pieces each with its own strong identity. The designer draws on traditional Poltrona Frau processes and decorations, combining them with sartorial details borrowed from the world of fashion.
Classic stitching and soft folds bring out the sinuous simplicity of the design. The voluptuous curves of the stool, in particular, are inspired by the female form and, like in a dress, a slender belt highlights the waistline.
In the leather version, four folds originate from the central button of the seat to define the profile of the pouf. In the fabric version, the folds are replaced by stitching.
- Structure made of birch plywood, solid beech wood uprights, and kraft cardboard infill panels. In the version with storage space, the side panels are made of molded rigid polyurethane.
- Lid (only for the ottoman with storage) made of birch plywood
- Seats of the stools without storage space are padded with polyurethane foam and polyester wadding. The padding of the storage space
model lid and structure is in polyurethane foam.
- The storage unit (available only for the 121×45 version) is internally upholstered in a technical black fabric. The storage lid is provided with a slight recess along the longer side of the storage unit which acts as a handle. The opening mechanism is equipped with a lid-locking system when opened and a soft closing mechanism.
- Base made of poplar plywood with an MDF bottom in a scratch-resistant black finish. Protective felt pads.
- Non-removable upholstery in Pelle Frau® leather or in fabric with a leather ornamental band. When upholstered in leather, the ottoman and the ornamental band are always in matching colors.
- Ornamental band in Pelle Frau® leather band enriches the upholstery. In the 106×106 and 121×45 versions, the ornamental band surrounds the base while in the 39×39 version it has the look of a belt which interrupts the visual continuity of the upholstery. The band includes two leather loops bearing the Poltrona Frau logo. In the case of velvet upholstery, it is not possible to choose the color of the band as it matches the tone-on-tone leather piping.
- Leather or fabric piping edge outlines the profile of the ottomans. The piping is in leather when the ottoman upholstery is in leather or velvet. In the case of velvet, the piping is in matching leather. In the case of fabric upholstery, the piping is always in the same fabric.
- In the storage unit, the metal parts of the opening mechanism and the hinges are made from nickel-plated steel and zamak.
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.