GranTorino Coupé Bed by Jean-Marie Massaud for Poltrona Frau is a more compact and minimalist version of the GranTorino Bed. The key compositional element of the GranTorino Coupé Bed is its smaller headboard, which creates an elegant sense of continuity with the bed frame. Delicate X-shaped hand-stitching using contrasting thread decorates the quilted padding of the headboard adding to the refined feel of this beautiful bed.
Gran Torino Coupé Bed also comes in a version complete with a storage unit. The opening system makes it possible to access the storage space in two different ways. The bed surface can be lifted vertically in standard fashion or horizontally to make it easier to make the bed. Both mechanisms have a safety lock.
- Headboard in birch plywood
- Headboard padding made of polyester wadding
- Base slightly padded in polyurethane foam with a fir blockboard structure and poplar plywood footboard
- Feet in cylindrical aluminum Ø60mm in two finishes:
- Black coated
- Leather upholstered
- Structural elements like the midbeam with foot, corner plates, and other metal accessories made from black coated steel sheet
- Upholstery in Pelle Frau® leather or in a combination of two materials. Removable only for the headboard quilt, upholstered in leather or fabric. Please note: it is advisable to seek expert assistance to remove the leather upholstered quilt.
- The quilt upholstery is embellished with a delicate handmade X-shaped stitching with contrast thread
- The saddle-leather version is decorated with visible stitching and the clean-cut edges are hand-finished
- Rear headboard available upholstered in:
- Fabric (Poltrona Frau Jacquard fabric)
- Leather (matching the headboard and bed frame upholstery)
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.