Bolero Ravel Dining Table by Roberto Lazzeroni for Poltrona Frau is a dynamic table with a single slab of barrel-shaped marble, tapered edges, and a 3-legged base—a sensual score of sounds that blend together harmoniously in space.
Roberto Lazzeroni was clearly inspired by Joseph-Maurice Ravel’s hypnotic Bolero when he designed this sleek table. Despite its “heavy” materials, the top appears suspended in air. Its faintly trapeze-like shape accentuates the visual perception of a thickness nade threadlike—a sensation emphasized by the refined beveled edges which slant upwards on the short sides and downwards on the long sides. The original tapered triangular section gives the 3-legged base greater dynamism. The overall effect is one of an ethereal, elegant table that is easily combined with other pieces in the Poltrona Frau collection.
- Top produced from a single slab of barrel-shaped marble with tapered edges. Available in:
- Brilliant Calacatta gold marble. The marble top is treated with a transparent polyester finish, which makes the surface more resistant, preventing it from absorbing liquids.
- Semi-brilliant Calacatta gold marble. The marble top surface is treated with a protective water-repellent solution, which gives it a more natural look.
- Brilliant Fior di Pesco marble. The marble top is treated with a transparent polyester finish, which makes the surface more resistant, preventing it from absorbing liquids.
- Semi-brilliant Fior di Pesco marble. The marble top is treated with transparent polyester paint that gives it a semi-glossy effect and a silkier feel. This treatment makes the top of the surface more resistant and prevents the absorption of liquids.
- Top underside is reinforced with a technical mesh that ensures surface resistance to bending, breakage, and impact.
- Top surface edges are refined with bevelling which slants upwards on the short sides and downwards on the long sides.
- Top strength and stability are guaranteed by an under-top birch plywood support in matte black texturized scratchproof paint.
- Supporting structure made of a self-supporting easel base consisting of three legs featuring a characteristic triangular cross-section in solid:
- Canaletto walnut (29)
- Ash in a wenge stain (32)
- Mounting plates and spacers are in black lacquered steel
- Protective plastic caps
- The overall weight of the table is 487lbs
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.