Archibald Gran Comfort Ottoman by Jean-Marie Massaud for Poltrona Frau is the natural complement to the soft, luxurious Archibald Gran Comfort Armchair. A luxurious leather casing with a rich goose-down quilt creates a refined contrast with the minimal architectural cut of the steel frame. The steel base and feet have a Ruthenium finish. Ultra-thin and light, the feet almost seem to be sketched by pencil.
- Structure in birch plywood with base in scratch-proof matte black lacquered beech.
- Padding is produced from a block of polyurethane foam and covered with a goose-down quilt. The quilt is attached to the cushion using strips of Velcro.
- The base consists of four steel feet connected to the ruthenium finished frame. The feet have protective glossy black nylon guides with plastic or felt caps.
- Upholstery in Pelle Frau® leather or fabric
- Leather version
- Tone-on-tone stitching, or
- Contrasting stitching
- Fabric version
- Leather version
- Aesthetic details
- Leather version: the edges of the upholstery are embellished with hand-painted raw-cut leather in a matching color. The Poltrona Frau logo is branded on the side of the pouf.
- Fabric version: the Poltrona Frau logo is branded front/back on the Cammello-colored Saddle Extra leather tab.
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.