Add Visual Interest
An elegant interplay of backrests with different heights, create design alcove points of great comfort. The Alexander "Drop" curved elements add versatility to the system suggesting unusual and welcoming sinuous configurations.
Inspired by rationalist and contemporary concepts, Alexander Sofa by Rodolfo Dordoni for Minotti is a seating system with different forms that can be combined with each other. Squared and curved elements can be used together in the same composition to create areas with an intimate and enveloping atmosphere.
The various modular elements allow for a wide range of arrangements, from L-shaped configurations characterized by the perfect geometry to linear interpretations that can evolve into sinuous profiles thanks to the original Alexander “Drop” curved elements, such as the chaise-longue or the rounded corner modules.
The modules can have high or low back- and armrests, or a combination of both, contributing to the versatility of the system. The pieces with higher back and armrests design alcove points, creating corners of intimacy, where to sit as in a nest of great comfort to read or watch TV. Instead, the elements with lower back- and armrests are designed not to obstruct the view of the surrounding space.
Alexander is characterized by the seam’s sartorial details on the sofa’s corner and on the high back/armrest, as well as the central seam placed on the back cushions.
The base is made of Bronze-coloured aluminum bars and keeps the elements raised from the ground, thus conveying a sense of lightness to the suspended volumes.
- Solid wood structure with suspension provided by high-rubber-content elastic webbing.
- The seat structure is coated in high resilience variable-density polyurethane foam.
- Backrest/armrest elements coated in high resilience variable-density polyurethane foam.
- Backrest cushions have channeled goose down padding (Assopiuma certified, gold label) with core insert in Memory Foam.
- Seat cushions are made with channeled goose down padding (Assopiuma certified, gold label) and a core insert of high resilience, variable-density polyurethane foam wrapped in a layer of Memory Foam.
- Seat and backrest cushion covers are completely removable in all versions (fabric and leather). The fabric or leather covers on the structure are removable; the lining covering the high backrest structure has a zipper opening located near the stitching detail on the back to facilitate the removal of the cover.
- Weight-bearing parts in extruded aluminum with a polished anti-fingerprint Bronze varnished and finished with a protective, impact-resistant top coat. Nylon slides. To facilitate the removal of the coverings, the backrest/armrest elements can easily be lifted out by releasing the levers located underneath the sofa.
Minotti is the embodiment of the “Made in Italy” moniker—timeless design, utmost quality, and a strong, recognizable identity. Established by Alberto Minotti in 1948 in the small town of Meda, Italy, the company started as a small-scale artisan workshop and has since developed into a global enterprise and one of the most well-respected furniture brands in the world.