84 Series Adjustable Pendant Light Collection
Designed by Omer Arbel for Bocci
Made in Canada
84.1 Pendant Light
Omer Arbel, Designer
Born in 1976, Omer Arbel is a multidisciplinary artist based in Vancouver. Co-founder of Bocci, his output is broad, including materials research, lighting design, architecture, and site-specific installations. Arbel's designs are numbered in order of creation; some have commercial potential and move into production while others remain conceptual or collectible.
Each of the blown glass spheres of the 84 Series Adjustable Pendant Lights by Omer Arbel for Bocci starts with a white glass moil captured inside a fine copper mesh basket and then plunged into hot clear glass. Air is blown into the matrix to gently push the white glass through the mesh, creating a delicate pillowed form that is suspended inside the thick outer layer of clear glass. Sometimes the copper mesh basket folds and crinkles, adding specificity to each piece. Undulations in the exterior shape are a natural consequence of the fabrication process and accentuate the gentle white pillowing below. A low-voltage xenon or LED light source is introduced into the piece, casting a warm coppery hue.
The 84 Series Adjustable Pendant Lights are differentiated by their adjustable lengths up to 10′ (standard) and up to 100′ (custom).
- The 84.1 has 2 canopy options, visible in the gallery images. “Standard White” directly attaches to a standard junction box (not supplied). “Deep White” houses the power supply within the canopy and is best used where a junction box is not available. Each pendant comes with a lamp and an integral power supply. For orders of more than 8 LED pendants, please specify in the order notes if you would like them to dim and one dimmable remote-mounted driver will be sent.
- 84.3 is comprised of 3 blown glass pendants that attach to a single 6? diameter white canopy. Lamps (10-watt xenon or 1.5-watt LED) and power supplies included. LED lamping on 84.3 is not dimmable.
- 84.5 is comprised of 5 blown glass pendants that attach to a single white canopy. Lamps (10-watt xenon or 1.5-watt LED) and power supplies included. LED lamping on 84.5 is not dimmable.
- 84.7 is comprised of 7 blown glass pendants that attach to a single white canopy. Lamps (10-watt xenon or 1.5-watt LED) and power supplies included. LED lamping on 84.7 is not dimmable.
- 84.9 is comprised of 9 blown glass pendants that attach to a single white linear canopy. Lamps (10-watt xenon or 1.5-watt LED) and power supplies included.
Bocci is a lighting design and manufacturing company based in Vancouver and Berlin. Founded in 2005 under the creative directorship of Omer Arbel, Bocci represents an approach to lighting that is devoted to the relationship between spaces and objects.