Isadora Dining Chair
Designed by Roberto Lazzeroni for Poltrona Frau
Made in Italy
Isadora Dining Chair by Roberto Lazzeroni for Poltrona Frau is inspired by the grace of Isadora Duncan, a pioneer of contemporary dance. This original design is shaped by the seamless combination of wood and saddle leather.
Isadora traces a sinuous and agile profile thanks to expert craftsmanship which, by subtraction, reduces the materials to the bare essentials and exalts their pure beauty. The saddle leather upholstery envelops the structure and almost appears to fly. Skillfully tailored stitching and cuts give it the appearance of a light dress. The sensation is airy yet solid.
Also available in a version with armrests and a Large version, the structure of Isadora is made from solid ash in a Moka or Wengé stain. The upholstery is in clean-cut Cuoio Saddle Extra leather, refined with protective dye and wax, and underlined by contrast or tone-on-tone stitching.
- Supporting structure, legs, and armrests (in the armchair version) in solid ash with a triangular cross-section
- Structure, legs, and armrests finishes available in:
- Ash in a wenge stain (32)
- Ash in a Moka stain (61)
- Felt pads protect the part which touches the floor
- Seat frame in birch plywood
- Seat padding in cut polyurethane foam
- Backrest padded with molded polyurethane foam with saddle leather upholstery
- Non-removable upholstery in Cuoio Saddle Extra leather. The upholstery features raw-edge seams finished with tone-on-tone stitching, a protective wax, and stitching along the perimeter.
- Tone-on-tone stitching
- Contrasting stitching
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.