Guscioalto Armchair by Antonio Citterio for Flexform is an especially comfortable, high-backed wing chair (bergère) known for its couture tailoring. The structure is an enveloping shell made of structural polyurethane foam, while the seat cushion is in goose down with a core insert in crushproof material. To ensure the utmost in comfort, the Guscioalto Soft version comes with additional padding in the seat back and an extra layer of Dacron and memory foam.
For an extraordinarily comfortable seating experience, Guscioalto Light features a unique contoured upholstered element—with easily removable and washable upholstery—that attaches to the seatback with velcro. The Guscioalto armchairs come with a lightweight, uncluttered swivel or non-swivel base with metal legs, and available in satin, chrome, burnished, black chrome, or champagne finish. They also come in a version with wood base and legs in solid Canaletto walnut or ash, available in a number of shades.
- Frame in rigid polyurethane and foam polyurethane
- Seat cushions filled with down and a resilient inner core
- Down-filled throw pillows, on request with upcharge
- Legs available in Canaletto walnut, ash in various colors, or metal in a number of finishes
- Down-filled headrest cushion with metal counterweight in satined, chromed, burnished, black chromed, or champagne finish, on request with upcharge
- Non-removable fabric or leather upholstery
A family affair, now in its third generation, Flexform is a modern furniture company founded in 1959 in the Brianza furniture manufacturing district in Northern Italy. Today the brand represents an almost magical distillation of elegance, comfort, and inconspicuous luxury.