A sartorial detail that becomes volume is the essence of Goodman and the mark of Italian artistry and craftsmanship.
Goodman Sofa by Rodolfo Dordoni is a sophisticated and modern piece that fuses 1970s aesthetics and avant-garde design technology. This modular sofa is defined by its voluminous shape and precise sartorial details, namely the matelassé stitching which creates the illusion of quilted padding. A contemporary take on the traditional split-back design, with clean lines and geometric forms, Goodman creates a timeless look that adds style to any space.
Comfortable and soft, this sofa is suitable for both formal and informal use. It can be configured in various ways, from the most traditional to more dynamic compositions, thanks to a series of individual components, such as end, corner, and central units, as well as chaise-longues. Each element of the Goodman sofa is a piece of a larger puzzle allowing for the creation of various compositions that adapt to ever-changing design trends and tastes.
Goodman offers a simple, clean silhouette accented by subtle curves at the backrest and armrests. The ergonomic and comfortable one-piece seat is made of innovative pocket spring technology and a single layer of polyurethane padding with layered densities that give a deep feeling of softness. This innovative padding technology is only slightly upstaged by Minotti’s outstanding upholstery craftsmanship. The unique sartorial details in the design are revealed in the matelassé stitching, which casts shadows and light on the seat, creating the illusion of quilted padding.
Goodman Sofa is also characterized by its unusual accessory — a contoured tray covered in saddle hide that clings to the armrest, making it possible to turn the cushion into a functional coffee table that is always within reach.
The system is suspended from the floor on refined bronze or polished chrome metal feet set back from the edge and a perimeter frame that matches the same finishes.
- In plywood
- Seat structure is made of many layers of variable-density, high-resilience polyurethane foam
- A core insert made of steel pocket springs ensures the non-deformability of the seat and greater comfort
- The upper layer of the seat is made of individual high-elastic-content contoured webbing which, combined with the lower layer, ensures greater comfort over time
- The seat structure is encased in breathable heat-bonded quilted fiber laminated to white hypoallergenic cotton fabric for added softness
- The armrest and backrest structures are covered in high-resilience, variable-density polyurethane foam, then encased in breathable heat-bonded polyester quilted fiber laminated to hypoallergenic white cotton fabric.
- Inside the quilt is a bag padded with siliconized microfiber — with low coefficient of friction — which completely conforms to the structure; this very soft, fluffy padding is obtained from certified 100% recycled PET
- All of the materials employed in manufacturing the quilt are hypoallergenic
- Embroidered quilting on the seat upholstery joins the thick heat-bonded fiber, encased in white cotton fabric, to the upholstery.
- Padding for backrest cushions in siliconized microfiber — with low coefficient of friction — allows optimal distribution of body weight over the support surface, to ensure outstanding comfort
- Optional cushions do not contain the core insert in polyurethane foam
- Upholstery for backrest cushions is completely removable in all versions
- Structure coverings in fabric and leather are completely removable after the metal perimeter base has been detached
- Perimeter frame and feet in metal with chrome finish or varnished polished anti-fingerprint Bronze color finish.
- Protective SEBS glides (soft, scratch-proof, oil-free, non-staining) in Pewter or Bronze color to match the finish of the feet
- To facilitate the removal of the upholstery and delivery, the armrests can be detached from the base by means of a quick coupling and uncoupling system. First, remove the screws from the base and the feet.
- Made of plywood coated in high-resilience polyurethane foam, then sheathed in breathable, heat-bonded fiber laminated to white cotton canvas
- To improve adherence of the element to the seat, a counterweight is inserted inside the fabric strip where it meets the seat cushion
- Non-slip fabric on the bottom
- Cover completely removable
- 11.5 cm high feet, no surcharge; 3 cm higher than standard feet
- Tray for armrest in curved aluminum clad entirely in saddle hide
Minotti is the embodiment of the “Made in Italy” moniker—timeless design, utmost quality, and a strong, recognizable identity. Established by Alberto Minotti in 1948 in the small town of Meda, Italy, the company started as a small-scale artisan workshop and has since developed into a global enterprise and one of the most well-respected furniture brands in the world.