The cozy cleanliness of Scandinavian design meets the minimalist beauty of traditional Japanese decor in Yoko Dining Chair.
Yoko Dining Chair by Inoda+Sveje for Minotti is a light and elegant seating design—a contrast in constant equilibrium thanks to the skillful craftsmanship of the Japanese-Danish duo. The continuous cross-reference between the two cultures, their styles, and manufacturing skills shapes a project composed of an armchair, a dining chair, and an ottoman characterized by a dual lightness: physical and aesthetic.
Delicate and sinuous lines, created with precious cabinet-making interlocking techniques that enrich the structure of legs and armrests in solid ash open-pore wood lacquered with a Liquorice color, or in solid Canaletto walnut stained Light Brown, a chromatic choice that lends a more decisive tone to the elegance of the silhouette.
The wooden frame has a joint where the leg meets the armrest, both at the front and at the back: a structural joint that becomes decorative thanks to the clever use of the wooden material. In this project, the great expertise in woodworking that has always been characteristic of Nordic and Japanese craftsmanship meets the historical know-how of a Made in Italy company that has been an expert in exquisite upholstered furniture for decades.
- Structure crafted on CNC machines and assembled with dowel joinery and glue in two wood options:
- Solid Canaletto walnut, stained light brown, with matte polyester lacquer finish;
- Solid ash with open-pore licorice color lacquer finish
- The wood structure shows a juncture mark near the point where the leg meets the armrest, on both the front and back parts
- Seat and backrest consist of a metal frame coated in flame-resistant polyurethane foam, then covered in breathable, heat-bonded fiber laminated to hypoallergenic white cotton fabric
- Tailoring of the backrest and seat cushion upholstery features topstitching
- A varnished Bronze color decorative stainless steel screw is placed on both armrests near the backrest
- Upholstery for the seat and backrest is completely removable in all versions (fabric and leather)
- Equipped with black protective felt slides or black polyethylene glides
Minotti is the embodiment of the “Made in Italy” moniker—timeless design, utmost quality, and a strong, recognizable identity. Established by Alberto Minotti in 1948 in the small town of Meda, Italy, the company started as a small-scale artisan workshop and has since developed into a global enterprise and one of the most well-respected furniture brands in the world.