Patricia Urquiola, Designer
Originally from Oviedo, Spain, Patricia Urquiola studied architecture and design at the Politecnico di Milano where she graduated under the mentorship of Achille Castiglioni. She believes in an original design point of view merging humanistic, technological, and social approaches. Her design objective: to find unexpected connections between the familiar and the unexplored.
A contemporary classic, Husk Dining Chair – Metal Base by Patricia Urquiola for B&B Italia adapts the profile of its namesake armchair. Made of multilayer polymer Hirek®, the body conveys a sense of both mental and physical comfort with its distinct capitonné-inspired style. The cushions, in fabric or leather and fixed with press studs, are distinguished by their quilting. The swivel base in die-cast aluminum comes in three finish options.
While Husk Dining Chair – Metal Base can appear playful or formal depending upon the finishes and upholstery selected, all configurations are underscored by complete comfort.
- Shell in white, anthracite, brown or tortora high-density polyurethane resin (Baydur®)
- Shell cover (P1FCN-P1FCN_C-P1GCN-P1GCN_C-P2FC-P3FC-P4GC) in natural, black, dark brown, tortora, or ivory thick leather
- Upholstery in polyester fiber, needle polyester fiber section
- Support frame in white painted, black painted, or painted black chrome die-cast aluminum
- Ferrules in plastic material
- Cover in fabric or leather
About B&B Italia
B&B Italia is one of the world’s foremost modern furniture companies, renowned for high-end designer furnishings. Founded in 1966 with the entrepreneurial vision of Piero Ambrogio Busnelli, B&B Italia represents the extraordinary convergence of design and industry—the expression of contemporary culture.