An undeniable best-seller from Antonio Citterio for Flexform, Groundpiece Sofa has transformed the very concept of the sofa, introducing several innovations. First of all, it is a deconstructed line with new proportions—the Groundpiece sofa is low and deep, designed as a more relaxed and casual approach to seating. Groundpiece embodies the essence of Flexform comfort and is exceptionally inviting, thanks to the amply-sized goose-down cushions. Groundpiece also allows for the utmost personalization of the padded elements that can be crafted in goose down, in the premium version, or in Dacron.
Aware that changes in lifestyle spark new behaviors and needs, Groundpiece introduced a new dimension to the way the sofa is used, investing it with new functions. On today’s sofas, people rest, watch TV, read, eat dinner, and often work. This reality led to the brilliant idea of redesigning the armrest concept. Choose a padded and upholstered armrest or a cowhide-clad metal console that can be used as a flat surface for accessories with shelves to hold objects of all kinds.
- Frame in metal with foam polyurethane padding covered with a protective fabric lining
- Seat cushions filled either with down and a resilient inner core or with polyurethane and Dacron. Premium seat cushions filled with down and a resilient inner core with high resilience.
- Backrest cushions down-filled with or without bolster in Dacron, on request with upcharge
- Armrest in fabric with metal insert and foam polyurethane padding covered with a protective fabric lining
- Metal feet treated with epoxy lacquer
- Removable fabric or leather upholstery covers
- Metal bookshelves/small tables covered with leather hide. Metal feet treated with epoxy lacquer.
A family affair, now in its third generation, Flexform is a modern furniture company founded in 1959 in the Brianza furniture manufacturing district in Northern Italy. Today the brand represents an almost magical distillation of elegance, comfort, and inconspicuous luxury.