Yang Bed by Rodolfo Dordoni for Minotti is a young, contemporary divan bed that evokes the unique play of proportions that distinguishes the eponymous seating system.
The inherent design strengths and aesthetic features of the Yang seating system are embedded in the bed’s DNA. The headboard features generous, soft padding and reflects the distinguishing motif of the “Offset” elements, and projects out on both sides to form a single, unified profile designed to also accommodate the Close bedside tables. The headrest is an elegant and functional accessory that can be added to the headboard for optimum reading support and comfort. The base of the bed includes the modern 17 cm-high base with pocket springs that promises an extremely restful night’s sleep. The bed rests on simple, but elegant Pewter color metal blades.
- One-piece, free-standing bed frame in very thick plywood designed to accommodate pocket springs covered with a layer of high-resilience, (CFC- free) polyurethane foam
- A perforated plywood panel, placed under the springs, facilitates the circulation of air
- Headboard in plywood, padded with high-resilience, variable-density polyurethane foam
- All of the padded parts are covered in heat-bonded fiber laminated to white cotton fabric that lends a soft fluffiness to the padding while segregating it from the fabric, ensuring the product is both natural and hygienic
- The upper part of the bed frame is covered with an additional perforated fabric covering that allows greater circulation of air around the sprung structure
- The headboard is equipped with two headrests to allow optimum reading support and comfort
- Base includes weight-bearing parts in extruded aluminum (exclusive Minotti Studio design) with high-gloss, anti-fingerprint, painted Pewter color finish
- Rests on nylon slides.
- Fabric and leather covers are completely removable
- To facilitate the removal of the coverings, the headboard can be lifted out of the bed frame by means of a quick set and release coupling system
- Given the architecture of the bed, it is not possible to insert a regular slatted base or adjust the height of the mattress.
Minotti is the embodiment of the “Made in Italy” moniker—timeless design, utmost quality, and a strong, recognizable identity. Established by Alberto Minotti in 1948 in the small town of Meda, Italy, the company started as a small-scale artisan workshop and has since developed into a global enterprise and one of the most well-respected furniture brands in the world.