Every constructive detail of the Tessa Armchair, designed by Antonio Citterio for Flexform, is a clue to the great complexity that lies behind its seeming simplicity — the kind of simplicity that stems from the ingenuity and hand-craftsmanship inherent to the concept of the product itself.
The structure is made entirely of solid ash or turned Canaletto walnut. Traditional joinery requires expert craftsmanship and gently exalts the natural texture and feel of the wood. An ancient art that dates back to Italian rural tradition, the delicate yet strong woven paper rush cord in the seat and backrest is also finely hand-crafted. Soft optional cushions held in place by slender straps add a deeper sense of welcome to the Tessa armchair.
The Tessa family includes an armchair, ottoman, bench, and a coffee table with a marble top, available in a number of types of marble.
- Structure in solid Canaletto walnut with natural finish; or, stained Canaletto walnut extra or coffee; or, in solid ash stained walnut, cherry, teak, coffee, wenge, ebony, or brown
- Woven paper rush cord
- Seat/backrest cushion (for the armchair only) in polyester fiber; upon request, with an upcharge
- Feet in die-cast Zama with satin, chrome, black chrome, burnished, or champagne finish
- Feet rest on tips made of thermoplastic material
- Seat and backrest cushion upholstery is removable in both the fabric and leather versions
A family affair, now in its third generation, Flexform is a modern furniture company founded in 1959 in the Brianza furniture manufacturing district in Northern Italy. Today the brand represents an almost magical distillation of elegance, comfort, and inconspicuous luxury.