Dubois Bed by Luca Nichetto for De La Espada is crafted in premium solid hardwood and luxurious fabrics. The wraparound headboard provides a sense of privacy, while the exposed timber frame and generous expanse of upholstery celebrate the quality of materials and craft. Suitable for residential or contract environments, Dubois Bed is available with a low headboard, with or without integrated bedside tables. For the tall headboard version, please contact a design consultant.
- Available in black walnut, white oak, or ash in a range of finishes, and a range of fabric and leather options. The platform base is black-stained MDF with holes for air circulation.
- Upholstered cushions softening the inner face of the headboard drape over the top and fix to the back with wooden toggles secured with leather loops.
- Integrated solid wood bedside tables include deep drawers with interiors made from basswood, a blond timber with outstanding stability in varying climates, ensuring a smooth-running function. Drawers are detailed with dovetail joinery and a soft-close mechanism.
- Cables from bedside lighting can pass between the back of the bedside table and the headboard, feeding out through the bottom of the bed. The bedsides have a quick-release mechanism to facilitate this process.
- Please note that when using leather to upholster the expansive surface of the headboard, De La Espada craftspeople will use their discretion to ensure the natural variations in the hide’s color and grain are most elegantly displayed. This may mean adding stitch lines to the headboard.
- Crafted at the solar-powered De La Espada factory in Portugal and rigorously engineered with the support of De La Espada’s product development team and expert craftspeople. Durability, comfort, and aesthetics combine for a product that lasts a lifetime.
- Timber is sustainable solid wood from North America or Europe, offering long-term repairability of the surface. Natural color and grain variations in every plank make each piece an individual. Traditional wood joinery bonded with wood glue ensures structural integrity. All finishes are non-toxic and applied by hand, sprayed, or rubbed.
- Textiles supplied by a renowned Danish partner with fabric mills in Norway, Italy, and the UK. Leather sourced from tanneries in Sweden and Italy using only hides from European cattle.
About De La Espada
Founded in 1993 and based in Northern Portugal, De La Espada is industrial design with a warm heart, where luxury is expressed through tactile materials and obsessive detailing. De La Espada has a strong belief in the power of design to transform people’s lives, and their products are created with this in mind—the human being is at the center of everything the brand does.