OUTSIDE TRADITIONAL CANONS
A product with a personality, Bend-Sofa produces original and alternative seating solutions that are unconventional yet thoroughly functional.
Patricia Urquiola came up with the name “Bend”, also the English word for “curve”, to underscore the particular movement of this product, the quality of which can be guaranteed only by the B&B Italia industrial process.
Bend-Sofa is a modular sofa that looks like it was formed by an artist, but it was really created from a study of 3D models and digital research. Patricia Urquiola imagined this piece as “a seat with a primary, monolithic and almost manually molded shape, as though it had been created from a ductile material with gestures not unlike those of a sculptor”. She called it Bend-Sofa because it effectively expresses the idea of movement with its undulating edges, underscored by the contrasting stitching that creates another pattern on the irregular, curved surface.
Freshness, color, liveliness, composition freedom, and soft lines—all emerge from the communication of Bend-Sofa.
- Tubular steel internal frame with steel profiles
- Internal frame upholstery in Bayfit® (Bayer®) flexible cold-shaped polyurethane foam, polyester fibre cover
- Box style down feather back cushion with polyurethane insert and zig-zag stitching (B40C-B55C)
- Visco-elastic polyurethane support, polyester, and cotton fiber cover (BS-BSB)
- Black thermoplastic feet
- Fabric or leather cover with zig-zag stitching
About B&B Italia
B&B Italia is one of the world’s foremost modern furniture companies, renowned for high-end designer furnishings. Founded in 1966 with the entrepreneurial vision of Piero Ambrogio Busnelli, B&B Italia represents the extraordinary convergence of design and industry—the expression of contemporary culture.