One of Ray Sofa's most striking elements is its blanket stitch visible on the profiles of its cover. Traditionally used by indigenous American cultures for weaving basket rims and for securing leather pieces, the blanket stitch adds texture and depth to this luxe sofa.
Ray Sofa by Antonio Citterio for B&B Italia was born of the precious convergence of proportions and volumes typical of Citterio. Far from any obvious attempt to be different, Ray is a modular system that starts with linear elements—chaise longues and terminal elements—which can be used to form all sorts of configurations, including corner and peninsula models.
Ray Sofa takes certain characteristics from Charles Sofa—linearity, and simplicity—and reworks them with fine details and tailoring elements like the blanket stitch that comes in either the same color or a contrasting hue. The main feature is the die-cast U-shaped foot which, along with the seat cushions, contributes to an image of Ray as a low sofa—a particularly elegant piece with balanced forms.
- Internal frame in tubular steel and steel profiles
- Internal frame upholstery in Bayfit® (Bayer®) flexible cold-shaped polyurethane foam, polyester fiber cover
- Seat cushions upholstery in shaped polyurethane of different density, sterilized down, polyester, and cotton fiber cover
- Back cushions upholstery (RYG235N-RYLG275N) in shaped polyurethane, polyester fiber, polyester, and cotton fiber cover
- Box-style back cushion (RY48C-RY72C-RY72CP) upholstery in polyester fiber with blanket stitch
- Bronzed nickel painted or painted black chrome die-cast aluminum feet
- Thermoplastic ferrules
- Fabric or leather cover with blanket stitch
About B&B Italia
B&B Italia is one of the world’s foremost modern furniture companies, renowned for high-end designer furnishings. Founded in 1966 with the entrepreneurial vision of Piero Ambrogio Busnelli, B&B Italia represents the extraordinary convergence of design and industry—the expression of contemporary culture.