Daiki Swivel Bergère Armchair
Designed by Marcio Kogan/studio mk27 for Minotti
Made in Italy
Daiki proposes a design that refers to the moods of mid-century America in its bold, simple lines, fine materials, and balanced proportions.
Daiki Armchair by Marcio Kogan / studio mk27 for Minotti is a member of a family of seats inspired by the Brazilian architect’s passion for Japan and its culture. The range includes comfortable bergères and swivel armchairs, with or without armrests, and a fixed footstool.
Available with a matte polyester lacquered Palisander Santos shell, in the same Dark Brown stained wood or in Liquorice lacquered flamed ash, the seat is made using an exclusive woodworking technique and consists of two elements joined at 45° to obtain a backrest inclination that guarantees maximum comfort.
- Palisander Santos*, stained Dark Brown with polyester matte lacquer finish;
- Palisander Santos* with matte lacquered polyester finish;
- Beech plywood and flamed ash veneer with open-pore Licorice color lacquer finish
- Crafted on CNC machines and assembled with dowel joinery and glue
- Armrests in aluminum sheet coated in integral skin polyurethane and covered in fabric or leather
- Seat cushion and backrest in channeled goose down (Assopiuma certified, Gold Label) undergo routine sanitization as specified in EC Regulation No. 1069/2009, with core insert in high-resilience, variable-density polyurethane foam
- The backrest cushion of the bergère has a metal frame inside the polyurethane core that ensures it mantains the shape and provides outstanding support
- In the fabric upholstery version, the upholstery features a top-stitching detail; in the leather version, the upholstery is lightly quilted with top-stitched detail
- The seat and backrest cushions are joined by a zipper
- Armrest, seat and backrest cushion covers are completely removable in both the fabric and leather versions. To remove armrest covers, unscrew armrests from the structure
- Swivel base:
- Metal, with 40×12 mm spokes, varnished polished anti-fingerprint Bronze color finish when paired with the Palisander Santos* structure, or varnished Black Coffee color with the ash structure
- 360° swivel with return
- The base is joined to the shell by a cast-aluminum element that also covers the swivel mechanism, varnished Bronze or Black Coffee color
- Equipped with black protective felt slides or black polyethylene glides
- Stationary legs:
- Made of 35×10 mm steel plate
- Black-Nickel finish
- Black protective SEBS glides
- Swivel base:
Minotti is the embodiment of the “Made in Italy” moniker—timeless design, utmost quality, and a strong, recognizable identity. Established by Alberto Minotti in 1948 in the small town of Meda, Italy, the company started as a small-scale artisan workshop and has since developed into a global enterprise and one of the most well-respected furniture brands in the world.