Vulcano Outdoor Sofa
Designed by Antonio Citterio for Flexform
Made in Italy
The woven pattern especially dear to Flexform has inspired many products in the indoor collection, and it is now the distinctive motif in the Vulcano Outdoor Sofa by Antonio Citterio.
Features that are part of its DNA, like compositional flexibility and a high degree of customization, coupled with a determination to find just the right materials to ensure optimum performance outdoors, form Vulcano’s core design elements.
The Vulcano sofa base is made of marine plywood, while the armrest and backrest structures are in austenitic stainless steel 316, a superalloy that ensures superior performance in outdoor settings.
The woven upholstery is made of polypropylene fiber or polyurethane rubber and comes in a sophisticated palette of colors that range from earth tones to bordeaux and olive green. The sofa sits on a perimeter frame in austenitic stainless steel 316 and nylon pads.
To ensure optimal outdoor performance, all the padded cushions are encased in a special lining material made of breathable water-repellent fabric, while the vast collection of outdoor upholstery fabrics guarantees excellent resistance not only to the effects of weather and the sun but also to chlorine and saltwater.
It is strongly advised that the respective covers be used to keep your Vulcano outdoor sofa in top condition and prolong its original beauty as much as possible.
- Backrest and armrest in stainless steel 316 with electropolished finish or epoxy-powder-coated in white 100, wine red 405, khaki green 705, or burnished finish; or in woven extruded PVC with nylon core in anthracite 7005, bordeaux 7002, white 7007, cream 7001, brown 7004, green 7006; or in polypropylene cord in sand 8001, anthracite 8005, bordeaux 8002, green 8006, white 8007, brown 8004.
- Base in 316 stainless steel with epoxy powder-coat finish and compact laminated panel. Feet rest on tips made of thermoplastic material
- Seat cushion in polyurethane foam covered in a protective, water-repellent laminated fabric
- Backrest cushion in polyurethane foam and polyester fiber covered with a protective, water-repellent laminated fabric
- Optional cushions in polyester fiber with water-repellent upholstery. Optional cushions are upon request, with upcharge
- Upholstery in removable fabric
- Cover in waterproof material; the cover is upon request, with upcharge.
A family affair, now in its third generation, Flexform is a modern furniture company founded in 1959 in the Brianza furniture manufacturing district in Northern Italy. Today the brand represents an almost magical distillation of elegance, comfort, and inconspicuous luxury.