Times Bed by Spalvieri & Del Ciotto for Poltrona Frau for Poltrona Frau is named after the famous font and has the same incisiveness and straightforward style as a typographical project. This bed embodies the new vision of Poltrona Frau. An elegant lightness where nothing is superfluous and everything is natural. And where every element seems to promote rest and relaxation.
The headboard of the Times bed is an evocative combination of leather, wood, and fabric. The headboard structure, in solid ash, is a pure meeting of lines, expertly designed to support the vertical strips of Pelle Frau® leather. These, in turn, cross and divide the soft and generous horizontal cushion. The effect is a calm balance of solids and voids.
The Times bed offers the freedom to change appearance with just a few quick moves. It is possible to change the color and material of the large headboard cushion cover, which can also be purchased individually, choosing from Pelle Frau® leather or fabric.
- Headboard structure made of solid ash wood in a moka stain featuring a circular section in the visible part of the headboard and a rectangular section for the lower crossbeam
- Headboard cushion in polyurethane foam and polyester wadding. It is attached to the structure with no visible zips.
- The sides of the base are in fir blockboard with a light polyurethane foam padding
- The footboard is made of poplar plywood with a light polyurethane foam padding
- Feet in solid ash wood in a moka stain. Protective caps in transparent plastics.
- Midbeam with foot, corner plates, and other metal accessories made from black coated steel sheet
- Upholstery entirely in Pelle Frau® leather or in leather/fabric combination. The fabric is only available for the headboard cushion. The bed frame is always in leather. Only the headboard cushion cover can be removed. This makes it possible to wash and change the cushion cover.
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.