Available for quick ship, Suzie Wong Deluxe Bed by Roberto Lazzeroni for Poltrona Frau is inspired by the romantic comedies of the 1950s and, going further back, the sumptuous bedrooms of the 18th century. Suzie Wong has a light, feminine, almost twee feel. It takes the classic boat bed and gives it a modern, more streamlined twist.
The feet, tapered like stiletto heels and covered in leather with a gunmetal grey tip, lift it from the floor and highlight its lightness. The Deluxe version with headboard enveloped in quilted leather and embroidered with fine geometric stitching is a subtle reference to tailored leather goods.
- Headboard structure made of solid beech wood, birch plywood, and hardboard infill panels. The two shaped lateral parts are made of molded polyurethane foam.
- Headboard available in the Suzie Wong De Luxe version with headboard decorated with geometric embroidery
- Base in spruce plywood for the sides and in poplar plywood for the footboard with corners in molded polyurethane foam
- Footboard available in the high version, which is taller than the sides
- Feet covered in leather with caps in gunmetal grey
- Structural elements like midbeam with foot, corner plates, and other metal accessories made from black coated steel sheet
- Padding on bed frame (sides and footboard) and headboard in polyurethane foam
- Non-removable upholstery in Pelle Frau® Nest leather
- Rear headboard upholstered in in Pelle Frau® Nest leather
- Leather piping embellishes the bed frame and the headboard borders
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.