Othello Dining Table by Roberto Lazzeroni for Poltrona Frau is inspired by the meeting of pure and natural materials. The charm of expertly processed wood combined with stone or glass makes other embellishments superfluous. With the Othello collection, Lazzeroni revisits the constructive rigor of 1950s and 60s Italian design.
The legs have the impact of a geometric sculpture. In contrast, the tops are soft and curved, in both the round and rectangular versions. The most distinctive feature of the Othello tables is the wooden structure with a triangular cross-section and clean edges, beautifully echoed in the diamond workmanship along the edges of the tops.
Poltrona Frau has chosen two different materials for the tops. Smoked glass, semi-transparent and light, exalts the architectural solidity of the legs. Fior di Pesco—a particularly prized variety of marble—grabs attention with rich and delicate veins that reveal translucent areas in natural light. Alternatively, there is the equally precious Calacatta gold marble.
- Top round or rectangular in shape with brilliant edges characterized by a diamond cut. Available in:
- Tempered grey smoke glass (1.2-cm thick). Visible stainless-steel spacers.
- Marble (2-cm thick). Underside is reinforced with a technical mesh that ensures the surface resistance to bending, breakage, and impact. Undertop is made out of white HPL (High Pressure Laminate) when the top is in Calacatta Gold Marble or black when the top is in Fior di Pesco Marble.
- Brilliant Calacatta Gold Marble. The marble top is treated with a transparent polyester finish, which makes the surface more resistant, preventing it from absorbing liquids.
- Semi-brilliant Calacatta Gold. The marble top surface is treated with a protective water-repellent solution, which gives it a more natural look.
- Brilliant Fior di Pesco Marble. The marble top is treated with a transparent polyester finish, which makes the surface more resistant, preventing it from absorbing liquids.
- Semi-brilliant Fior di Pesco Marble. The marble top is treated with transparent polyester paint, which gives it a semi-glossy effect and a silkier feel.
- Rectangular table made of solid ash with a triangular cross-section.
- Round table made of iron and coated in solid ash with a triangular cross-section.
- Base finishing
- Ash in a wenge stain (32)
- Ash in a moka stain (61)
- Plastic caps that can be adjusted with the provided key
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.