Montera Stool by Roberto Lazzeroni Poltrona Frau has a formal lightness that expresses the sensory charm of its materials: the raw cut processing exalts the tactility of the saddle leather and leather which, combined together, complement each other perfectly. In keeping with the Montera dining chair, the light stitching on the backrest of the stool forms a smile.
Montera is either a fixed stool in counter or bar height or a column stool with an adjustable height. In all three models, high-quality Pelle Frau® leather is used for the seat. The version offered here is entirely upholstered in Pelle Frau® leather with tone-on-tone thread. For the version that combines Pelle Frau® leather on the inside with Cuoio Saddle Extra leather on the outside and contrast stitching around the edges, please contact a Studio Como design consultant.
- Shell in molded bent beech plywood
- Padding in polyurethane foam
- Non-removable upholstery in Pelle Frau® leather
- Tone-on-tone stitching. The motif created by the visible stitching on the rear of the backrest conceals the zip fastener of the upholstery.
- The Poltrona Frau logo is branded onto the rear of the backrest.
- Legs of fixed counter and bar height stools:
- Legs are made of solid ash wood with black nylon spacers. The stools feature plastic caps and a metal sheet with a gunmetal grey finish, which protects the upper part of the tubular footrest.
- Leg finishes
- Ash in a wenge stain (32)
- Ash in a Moka stain (61)
- Base of the column-base stool:
- Base made of chrome-plated steel. It is composed of a four-bracket joint plate structure, a column, a tubular footrest, and a flat round base. The joint plate, which features black nylon spacers, secures the shell to the base.
- The tubular footrest features a diamond-shaped knurled effect
- The upper part of the column (above the footrest) is upholstered in leather or saddle leather matching the shell upholstery
- Felt pads protect the floor
- 360 rotation°
- Height-adjusting with gas springs controlled by a chromed steel lever placed under the seat shell
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.