The Mex Cube Sofa by Piero Lissoni for Cassina is characterized by its modularity–simple, flexible, voluminous forms designed to adapt to a plethora of spaces, thanks to the many elements and configurations available. Mex Cube is an idea that became a design, a dynamic, and a creative system, open to multiple interpretations and addressing all sorts of requirements while being easy to assemble and arrange at will.
These independent cubes, available in two widths, backs and arms optional, can be configured as corner units, in linear form, as an island, or in a face-to-face layout. Distinguished by extremely comfortable padding with easy-to-remove covers in leather or fabric, Mex Cube Sofa is a harmonious picture of variations on a theme, where each shape has been designed to enhance everyday activities and the rhythm of conversation.
- Tubular steel frame with elastic webbing
- Black-painted tubular steel base structure
- Cushion padding
- Variable density CFC-free polyurethane foam
- Resin-treated polyester fiber wadding paired with light velvet or goose down (virgin material) in sectors and outer lining in 100% cotton fabric
- Fabric or leather upholstery
- Adjustable black plastic feet
With the instinct to foretell today what will become a classic tomorrow, Cassina has been designing the future of interiors for over 90 years. Founded by brothers Cesare and Umberto Cassina in 1927, the company is credited with launching industrial design in post-war Italy.