To Rock, Or Not to Rock
Armchair or rocker, either way, Martha is sure to delight. With a nod to shell chairs of the 1950s and heirloom-quality materials, Martha imbues a room with the warmth and beauty of exquisite design.
Not unlike a petal that houses and protects without closing itself off, Martha Armchair designed by Roberto Lazzeroni for Poltrona Frau combines comfort and lightness. Its soft forms and fine materials make for an airy, relaxed elegance.
The Martha rocking chair is Frau’s most playful and informal version: the rocking base in solid ash is an authentic masterpiece of wood craftsmanship, an heirloom piece that is equal parts fun and comfortable.
The design of the Martha armchair is based on the meeting of the two main elements of the frame, both in molded rigid polyurethane. The seat and armrests form part of a single sinuous open profile, the two extremities projecting towards the exterior. The curved and slightly padded backrest appears to float in the air but is actually fixed to the frame with a hidden system. The entire product is supported by a triangular wooden easel structure. The seat’s slight incline towards the back ensures optimal comfort and emphasizes the armchair’s dynamic design. The four-legged base is made from solid ash available with a wenge or moka finish. The Martha rocking chair is also supported by a curved solid ash base in the same finishes.
The color effects and material combinations underline the fluidity and lightness of Martha. The outside of the frame is upholstered with a rich shell of Saddle Extra Leather while the inside can be covered in Pelle Frau® leather or fabric. The combination of the two materials is emphasized by the elegant visible contrast stitching carried out by hand. A soft seat cushion with a removable cover in Pelle Frau® leather or fabric completes the product. The Martha armchair is 100% FSC® certified for all upholstery combinations that involve the use of Pelle Frau® leather and fabric not containing viscose deriving from forests.
- Shell in molded rigid polyurethane
- Backrest padding in soft molded polyurethane and light polyester padding
- Seat padding in polyurethane foam
- Seat cushion in soft molded polyurethane with light polyester padding
- Solid wood base with four legs or rocking in:
- Ash in a wenge stain (32)
- Ash in a moka stain (61)
- Upholstery in a combination of two materials. Removable only for the seat cushion with leather and fabric cover.
- Elegant visible-contrast stitching
- FSC® 100% certified in all combinations whose upholstery is in Pelle Frau® leather and in fabric that does not contain viscose derived from forests. Please verify the list of FSC® -labeled fabrics with your design consultant.
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.