Mart Armchair by Antonio Citterio for B&B Italia is the result of considerable experimentation with thermoformed leather on a large scale. This new production technology, used on a small scale by the footwear industry, allows the thick leather to mimic the complex curves of the seat form. Also available in upholstery, the Mart armchair comes in two base options—a cruciform swivel base or a splayed wooden base.
The cruciform swivel base is available in a bright or black chromed finish as well as painted finishes of black or bronze nickel. For the four-spoke splayed base, the composition is solid oak in a beautiful smoked finish.
- Internal frame in glass fiber shell
- Internal frame upholstery
- Thick leather and leather version in Bayfit® (Bayer®) flexible cold shaped polyurethane foam
- Upholstered version in Bayfit® (Bayer®) flexible cold shaped polyurethane foam, shaped polyurethane, polyester fiber cover
- Base frames
- Cross-shaped swivel base-frame (thick leather and leather version) in black chromed, bright chromed, black painted or bronzed nickel painted steel laminate and aluminum extrusions
- Cross-shaped swivel base-frame (upholstered version) in painted aluminum laminate and extrusions in colors: bronzed nickel painted, black painted, bright chromed, or black chromed
- Swivel base-frame (MPGL-MPGIL) in steel profiles, solid wood: smoked stained oak
- Ferrules in thermoplastic material
- Fabric or leather cover in limited categories
About B&B Italia
B&B Italia is one of the world’s foremost modern furniture companies, renowned for high-end designer furnishings. Founded in 1966 with the entrepreneurial vision of Piero Ambrogio Busnelli, B&B Italia represents the extraordinary convergence of design and industry—the expression of contemporary culture.