Mamy Blue Armchair by Roberto Lazzeroni for Poltrona Frau could be described as an armchair for meditation. Designed for relaxing and reading, its curved, agile forms are enhanced by the clever use of the materials. Mamy Blue Armchair has a dynamic, sophisticated, and timeless design. The perfect element to create your own personal corner in a living room, bedroom, or study. Pair this armchair with its ideal companion—Mamy Blue Ottoman.
The backrest structure of this armchair is molded polyurethane foam. The spring system of the seat, in seasoned beechwood, consists of hand-tied steel biconical springs attached to jute belts. Mamy Blue can be upholstered entirely in Pelle Frau® leather or in many other combinations of saddle leather, leather, and fabric. The combination of various materials is enhanced by elegant visible contrast stitching. The soft optional headrest, padded with polyurethane foam and goose down, does not need to be fastened in place but simply placed on the backrest where it can be positioned as desired thanks to the counterbalance inserted internally. Mamy Blue has either a 4-leg solid ash base with a wengè or Moka stain or a swivel base.
- Backrest shell in molded polyurethane foam
- Seat structure is seasoned beechwood
- Suspension consists of biconical hand-tied steel springs fastened to jute belts
- Seat cushion in molded polyurethane foam
- Base options include:
- Four-leg base is made of solid ash available in two finishes with an anchor plate fixing it to the shell in black varnished steel
- Swivel version base features a mechanism that enables the armchair to rotate 37° on each side and to return automatically to the starting position
- Base finishes available in:
- Ash in a wengè stain (32)
- Ash in a Moka stain (61)
- Non-removable upholstery in Pelle Frau® leather (also in a two-color version) or in a combination of two materials
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.