A Place of Shelter
"The name Harbor comes from a feeling of having a place to come back to; I also wanted this seat to have a feeling of wrapping around the body." —Naoto Fukasawa
Harbor Armchair by Naoto Fukasawa for B&B Italia continues the designer’s research on the upside-down truncated cone-shaped seat. Two forms are ergonomically designed and developed to obtain a relaxing lounge chair with a high back and headrest as well as a conversation armchair with a low back. Both chairs have a swivel base and visible metal hinge in the back that, like the iconic Papilio series, allows the removal of the cover. In addition to the two chairs, the collection features an ottoman with a removable tray element that allows it to be used as either a small table or a footrest.
- Internal frame in tubular steel and steel profiles
- Internal frame upholstery in Bayfit® flexible cold shaped polyurethane foam, polyester fiber cover
- Swivel base-frame (HA80A-HA80B) in steel laminate and aluminum
- Base-frame (HA160-HA61P) in steel laminate
- Headrest (HA_P) in shaped polyurethane, polyester fiber, cotton cover, counterweight in anodized aluminum and steel
- Tray (HA65V) in solid wood, veneered wood fiber panel
- Ferrulesin thermoplastic material
- Cover in fabric or leather
About B&B Italia
B&B Italia is one of the world’s foremost modern furniture companies, renowned for high-end designer furnishings. Founded in 1966 with the entrepreneurial vision of Piero Ambrogio Busnelli, B&B Italia represents the extraordinary convergence of design and industry—the expression of contemporary culture.