Fred Desk by Roberto Lazzeroni for Poltrona Frau is a meeting of light, almost ethereal geometries. A piece of furniture in which the visual pleasure of a continuous saddle-leather surface is underlined by delicate hand-produced incisions and cold markings that create refined graphic decorations.
A special procedure makes it possible to curve the front of the saddle-leather without any need for internal supports. The ideal companion of the Fred desk is the Ginger chair, designed to make the study even more complete and harmonious.
The structure of the Fred desk is made from solid ash with a wenge or Moka stain and triangular cross-section, which highlights its lightness. The same material and finishes for the drawer complete the desk. The drawer is mounted on metal runners with a soft-closing mechanism. The surface is covered using a single piece of 4 mm-thick Cuoio Saddle Extra leather without any divisions or stitching. The raw edge seam is finished with protective wax and dye. Metal accessories feature gunmetal grey galvanic treatment and protective varnish.
- Supporting structure in solid ash wood in a wengè (32) or moka (61) stain with a triangular profile. Metal accessories in galvanized gunmetal grey with a protective varnish.
- Top in MDF panel with scratch-resistant black paint.
- Covering made of a single 4 mm Saddle Extra leather piece with no divisions or seams. Hand-painted raw-cut leather in a matching color finished with protective wax.
- Drawer in solid ash wood in a wengè (32) or Moka (61) stain, matching the supporting structure. Assembled on metal soft-close runners. The front edge is beveled at 45 degrees for easy opening.
- A special craft process allows artisans to curve the saddle leather front surface without internal supports.
- The surface of the top is embellished by soft handmade carvings and cold markings that create light graphic decorations.
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.