Fidelio Side Tables by Roberto Lazzeroni for Poltrona Frau were designed as the ideal complement for the Chester collection of sofas and armchairs. However, thanks to their clean and linear elegance, they are highly versatile and easy to combine with all of Poltrona Frau’s furnishings.
The Fidelio series also includes a coffee table, a bench, a lamp, and cabinets of different sizes and functions. These tables have a recurring geometric feature that distinguishes the construction of the wooden structures, composed of expertly processed junctions and rings. In the Fidelio side tables, the restraint of the design and the painstaking precision of the lines exalt the purity of the materials.
The structure of the Fidelio side tables is made from triangular profile solid ash wood in a moka or wenge stain. The top surface of the tabletop, in the rectangular and round variants, is upholstered in Cuoio Saddle Extra leather while the underside is in Pelle Frau® leather. Edge, tone on tone, or contrast stitching as desired, embellishes the surface of the saddle leather top. Alternatively, the tops can come in Emperador marble with a glossy finish or Calacatta gold marble with a glossy or semi-glossy finish. Fidelio’s metal details are in brushed steel with galvanic treatment and a natural brass finish.
- Base made of solid ash wood with a characteristic triangular cross-section. The tables are fitted with protective felt pads. Available finishes:
- Ash in a wenge stain (32)
- Ash in a moka stain (61)
- Top -base junction. Anchoring plate and spacers in steel with a painted brass finish.
- Top made of birch plywood. Available in:
- Saddle Extra (except the ø120 h 30 and ø 90 h 30). In Saddle Extra leather, while the lower part is upholstered in Pelle Frau® matched with the tabletop.
- Marble (except the 45×35 h 55 and ø45 h 49). The underside is reinforced with a technical mesh that ensures surface resistance to bending, breakage, and impact. In the ø 90 and ø 120 cm versions, the top is reinforced by a black-painted MDF scratchproof under-top support.
- Brilliant Calacatta gold marble treated with a transparent polyester finish which makes the surface more resistant, preventing it from absorbing liquids.
- Semi-brilliant Calacatta gold marble treated with a protective water-repellent solution which gives it a more natural look.
- Emperador Marble treated with a protective transparent polyester finish which makes the surface more resistant, preventing it from absorbing liquids.
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.