Competent, elegant, timeless, Downtown Chair by Jean-Marie Massaud for Poltrona Frau is for demanding decision-makers looking for comfort and sophistication. A sleek technical seat handcrafted by the Poltrona Frau craftsmen, a guarantee of its quality.
The Downtown chair is available in five versions: President, Executive, Managerial, Meeting, and Visitor. The upholstery, embellished with tone-on-tone or contrast stitching, is in Pelle Frau® leather, also available in a version with micro-perforations on the inside surface of the backrest, the armrests, and the cushion. In the President, Executive, Managerial and Meeting versions the base is composed of five spokes with soft automatic braking “W” swivel castors that adapt to all kinds of floor. The Visitor version, meanwhile, has a four-spoke base with plastic swivel glides which are also available for the other models on request.
The Downtown chairs are height-adjustable and can be swiveled by pulling up the lever underneath the seat on the right. The President, Executive and Managerial versions come with the “Syncron” oscillation mechanism for the backrest and seat, which enables the chair to adjust to the body of the user, supporting their movements and providing extraordinary comfort. The chair’s mechanism allows it to be locked into four different positions. Downtown Meeting can swivel thanks to a thrust bearing. Downtown Visitor is equipped with a swivel mechanism with automatic return whose thrust bearing allows the chair to rotate and return to its original position.
- Structure in molded polyurethane foam with a metal insert
- Padding in differentiated-density polyurethane foam for the greater comfort zone and polyester wadding quilt
- President, Executive, Managerial, Meeting: 5-spokes base.
- Visitor: 4-spokes base with plastic swivel glides.
- Base finishes.
- Polished aluminium
- Aluminium in a black finish
- Supports (excluding Visitor chair)
- Soft, self-braking “W” type castors
- Non-removable upholstery in Pelle Frau® ColorSphere® (SC) leather, also available with micro-perforated leather:
- Embellished with tone-on-tone stitching
- President, Executive, Managerial
- 360° rotation
- Seat height adjustment
- “Syncron” movement with adjustment of the inclination angle and the oscillation resistance of the backrest. The mechanism allows the armchair to easily accompany the body’s movements guaranteeing a continual series of 5 different positions, from an erect sitting position, gradually transforming it into an actual chaise-longue. To activate the mechanism sit down, pull the lever located under the left-hand side of the seat and press your back against the backrest. To adjust the oscillation resistance use the knob located under the center of the seat.
- 360° rotation
- “Back to position” rotation: it allows the chair to rotate around its axis and to return to the original position thanks to a thrust-bearing mechanism.
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.