Dibbets Rim Rug by Rodolfo Dordoni for Minotti features a 5-cm-high perimeter border. The difference in height between the border and the interior of the rug creates a striking effect of depth and accentuates the natural softness and brilliance characteristic of Lyocell, a fiber made from cellulose.
The Dibbets Rim rugs are produced using artisanal, hand-tufting methods. They come in three sizes and a broad range of colors, chosen to complement the 2017 textile collection.
- 100% Lyocell® (a cellulose fibre)
- Hand-crafted according to the manual tufting method
- 16 mm surface profile is made of tip-sheared Lyocell® viscose that reflects glossy, shimmering highlights and is surrounded by a lower-profile 5 mm border
- Upper layer is made of polyester; whereas the lower layer is treated with natural, pre-vulcanized, antiallergenic latex
- Overall weight: 6.5 kg/square metre
- The rug can be made to measure in multiples of 50 cm
- Because it is handcrafted, the overall size of the rug can vary by approximately 3 cm, even on custom-sized rugs
Minotti is the embodiment of the “Made in Italy” moniker—timeless design, utmost quality, and a strong, recognizable identity. Established by Alberto Minotti in 1948 in the small town of Meda, Italy, the company started as a small-scale artisan workshop and has since developed into a global enterprise and one of the most well-respected furniture brands in the world.