Designer, Jason Miller
Jason Miller is a Brooklyn-based designer and the founder of Roll & Hill. Born in New York and raised in Darien, Connecticut, Jason’s suburban upbringing heavily influenced his early, more conceptual pieces—duct-taped chairs and cracked vases, among them—and continues to inform the elegant, historically rich work that has become his signature.
Designed by Jason Miller for Roll & Hill, the Castle Pendant Light Collection is surprisingly not named after the fortified structures built in the Middle Ages. While the shape of these pieces occasionally resembles the turrets of a castle, the name actually comes from the game of chess. The rook can jump any distance, yet it is restricted to moving orthogonally. Likewise, the glass in Castle extends to different lengths but is always horizontal or vertical.
- 9-01: L 40in/101cm x W 34in/87cm x H 17.5in/44cm
- 9-02: L 22.5in/57cm x W 19in/49cm x H 28in/70cm
- 12-01: L 34in/86cm x W 34in/86cm x H 18in/46cm
- 12-02: L 20in/51cm x W 20in/51cm x H 27.5in/70cm
- 12-03: L 20in/51cm x W 20in/51cm x H 37.5in/95cm
- 12-04: L 18in/46cm x W 18in/46cm x H 48in/107cm
- 18-01: L 44in/112cm x W 50in/126cm x H 17.5in/44cm
- 18-02: L 30in/76cm x W 27in/68cm x H 27.5in/70cm
- 18-03: L 30in/76cm x W 27in/68cm x H 37.5in/95cm
- Materials: Machined aluminum, glass
- Suspension: 1/2-inch aluminum stem in matching metal finish
- 35-inch length included with the lamp
- 96-inch length available for an additional cost
- Stem length can be adjusted on site
- Lamping: 120V LED
About Roll & Hill
Roll & Hill collaborates with some of the most exciting independent designers working today to create beautiful and unique lighting fixtures. Founded by Jason Miller in 2010 and based in Brooklyn, New York, Roll & Hill is committed to on-demand production, which allows for each piece to be customized to a client’s needs.