The beauty of the Andersen seating system is expressed through its perfect proportions, the harmony of shapes, and the fine crafting of each construction detail.
Andersen Sofa by Rodolfo Dordoni for Minotti floats above the floor on a slender pressure-cast metal base and elegant feet in Pewter-colored finish. Thanks to the slight inclination of the seat and the inviting softness of its cushions, Andersen provides the utmost comfort. These qualities of restrained elegance make Andersen the ideal marriage of design and classic perfection, ready to infuse a room with modern, minimal-chic sophistication.
To foster good posture during reading and relaxing, Andersen Sofa elements can be outfitted with a practical headrest.
- One-piece sandwich wood frame structure
- High-density polyurethane foam in different densities
- Metal frame base, rectangular section, 30×15 mm; Pewter-colored finish (shade devised by Minotti Studio)
- Die-cast metal-pressed feet (designed by Minotti Studio), Pewter-colored; ultra-glossy, anti-touch finish. These feet can withstand saline mist (sea salt) for approximately 300 hours and are resistant to scratches, chemical substances, shocks (due to their plasticity), and UV rays.
- Protective glides made of Hytrel® (soft, scratch-proof rubber)
- Thick seat cushion padding in goose down divided into sections, for increased cushion softness. Resilient polyurethane foam insert, covered – in the upper part – with “thermosensitive” polyurethane material. Backrest cushions fully padded with goose down divided into sections.
- Fully removable covers in the fabric version by taking the external supporting base apart and loosening the knobs. Leather cover of the structure nonremovable; removable backrest and seat cushion covers.
- The internal side of armrests covered with quilted goose down divided into sections, which results in enhanced softness, making the armrests look like cushions.
- Optional headrest cushion made of high-density polyurethane foam, covered with quilted goose down divided into sections and fixed to the frame by means of a strip. The cushion cover can be supplied in the fabrics or types of leather available in the pattern book. If the material of the cushion cover is not specified in the order, it will be coordinated with the sofa cover. The headrest can be placed in several positions, to satisfy individual requirements.
Minotti is the embodiment of the “Made in Italy” moniker—timeless design, utmost quality, and a strong, recognizable identity. Established by Alberto Minotti in 1948 in the small town of Meda, Italy, the company started as a small scale artisan workshop and has since developed into a global enterprise and one of the most well-respected furniture brands in the world.