Aida Armchair by Roberto Lazzeroni for Poltrona Frau has a soft and graceful design that brings to mind the corolla of a flower. In fact, its armrests open and curve outwards like petals. When designing Aida, Roberto Lazzeroni combined classic construction techniques with contemporary materials and expedients.
As with the classic items from the Poltrona Frau archives, the spring system of the seat, made of seasoned beechwood and birch plywood, consists of hand-tied steel biconical springs attached to jute belts. In line with the latest technologies, the backrest shell and seat padding are in molded polyurethane foam. Alongside the version entirely in Pelle Frau® leather with border piping in leather or grosgrain, the Aida armchair can also pair a Pelle Frau® leather exterior surface with a fabric inside surface (with fabric trim). Another alternative combination in Cuoio Saddle Extra leather for the shell and Pelle Frau® leather or fabric for the inside surface, with trim in Cuoio Saddle Extra leather. The Aida armchair is available in both a fixed and swivel version.
- Backrest shell in molded polyurethane foam
- Seat structure in seasoned beech wood and birch plywood
- Suspension is biconical hand-tied steel springs fastened to jute belts
- Seat cushion is integrated into the structure and made of molded polyurethane foam
- Base is available in a fixed or swivel version, made of wood or metal:
- Fixed wooden base, made of MDF in a black textured finish
- Fixed metal base, with a structure in birch plywood and an external protective cover in shaped steel sheet with a gunmetal grey finish
- Swivel wooden base, with a structure in birch plywood and a black textured finish. A swivel mechanism enables the armchair to rotate 360° and to return automatically to the starting position.
- Swivel metal base, with a structure in birch plywood and an external protective cover in shaped brass sheet with a gunmetal grey finish. A swivel mechanism enables the armchair to rotate 360° and to return automatically to the starting position.
- Non-removable upholstery in Pelle Frau® leather or in a combination of two materials
- The edges are embellished with an ornamental border piping made of the same material chosen for the internal surface’s upholstery. There are two exceptions:
- The full Pelle Frau® leather upholstery version is also available with grosgrain piping
- When the external shell is upholstered in saddle leather, the piping is always in saddle leather
About Poltrona Frau
Known for its virtuosity with leather, Poltrona Frau represents a blend of expert craftsmanship, sustainability, and sartorial savoir-faire. Founder Lorenzo Frau founded the company in Turin in 1912 after seeing Chesterfield sofas in England and imagining their success in Italy. In less than two decades, Poltrona Frau was furnishing the most important interiors in Italy, including the residences of the Italian Royal Family.